What's your next step?
- Contact us with questions
- Stay informed
- Enroll in an upcoming program
Tuesdays and Thursdays
October 17, 2017 - May 3, 2018
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Registration Fee: $4,995.00
Where: Richmond campus
Enroll now for October>
“As a newly single mom of two daughters, I knew it was time for a career change. After much research and with the opinion of a reputable attorney, I was certain the VCU Paralegal Certificate Program was the perfect fit. The program has well exceeded my expectations. The instructors go above and beyond in the classroom, as well as, out of the classroom setting."
"There are even classmates that have already obtained positions in firms, because of the VCU program. I am certain the education I am receiving will catapult me into the perfect position within the legal field.”
Trying to determine if the VCU Paralegal Certificate is right for you? Our informational video may help.
Not sure if the VCU Paralegal Certificate is for you?
Virginia Commonwealth University is a premier urban, public research university with many nationally ranked academic programs. The VCU paralegal training program is among the best in Richmond and potentially the U.S. A Paralegal Certificate from VCU prepares our students to be competitive in the Virginia legal job market. Participating in the classroom program for six months will provide you the training and skills to pursue your successful career in the legal field.
VCU’s exciting non-credit paralegal studies certificate program is designed for you, the working student. Your success is our priority. You can be assured that we will prepare you for your new paralegal career.
The paralegal studies certificate program is divided into six courses, including Introduction to Law, Torts & Personal Injury, Legal Research & Writing, Civil Litigation, Contract Law, and Business Law. You can learn more about our courses on the program overview page.
What Makes VCU’s Paralegal Certificate Program Stand Out?
- Classroom sessions are offered in a convenient evening or Saturday classroom format for the adult learner.
- All classes are held on the beautiful downtown Richmond, Virginia campus.
- Our top notch instructors are practicing attorneys and have many years of experience as law practitioners; specifically selected for their knowledge and effective teaching ability.
- Your coursework is designed to be practical and applicable to the current legal field.
VCU’s Paralegal Certificate will help you:
- Have a great understanding of the legal environment
- Apply the different standards of care in negligence actions
- Conduct legal analysis and research
- Work in the context of civil litigation by learning both the Federal Rules and Virginia Rules of Civil Procedure
- Assist in preparing cases for courtroom litigation
- Understand the basics of contract law and the elements necessary to draft a valid contract
- Comprehend the operation of the American legal system, legal rules and ethical constraints on businesses
If you’ve decided that the paralegal studies program at VCU is right for you, enroll today.
If you still have questions and would like to speak with one of our advisors, call us today at (804) 823-9019.