Get this party started.
- Ready to take a Corporate Event Planning Course?
Explore upcoming courses below.
- To request a syllabus, or to learn more about our hospitality offerings, please contact email@example.com.
Course fee: $999
Where: Online, Self-Paced
IN THE CLASSROOM
September 18-December 4, 2018
Tuesdays, 6-9:30 p.m.
Course fee: $999 (up until two weeks before class starts)
$1,050 (one week prior to course start date)
$1,100 (one week after course has started)
Where: Monroe Park Campus
Get started in the exciting planning industry.
Start your career as a corporate event planner with the noncredit Corporate Event Planning (CEP) Course, S-M-A-R-T!
Do your job responsibilities include event planning? If so, then this course is for you, and you can now choose an on-campus or online format. Corporate events span all industries and are planned for a variety of occasions, milestones, and celebrations. Corporate event planners are often responsible for the successful implementation, execution, and management of these events and more.
The S-M-A-R-T course covers:
- Special Events: galas, fundraisers, public relations, product promotions
- Meetings: professional, corporate, business networking
- Assemblies: conferences, conventions
- Recognition: incentives, awards, achievements
- Training: seminars, workshops, education
This course provides detailed guidelines of how to:
- Design specifications (including floor plans, timelines, and seating charts);
- Execute (program content, catering, budget, media, crowd control, safety checklist, and evaluations)
a variety of events. In addition, you will walk away knowing how to execute events successfully and charge for services.
In the certificate case study, students plan a convention for a health organization. In addition, students will complete 21 task assignments. Textbook assignments, quizzes, and a final exam will be completed. Assignments - lesson-specific activities and tasks- are dispersed within each chapter of the text as well as in the assessment section at the end of the workbook.
Also, included in the on-campus class is a field trip to a local party rental vendor, where students will have the hands on experience of going through inventory, calculating spatial needs for a venue, and how to size linen properly.
For students participating in classroom instruction, class time will be used when possible to work on assignment and task completion. Students in these classes should also expect to spend up to 4-6 hours outside of class reading and preparing for this certificate. Attendance, assignments- tasks, quizzes, and the final exam- are assessed to determine successful certificate completion.
Instructor: Kim Letteer
Kim Letteer is the president of Lettier Event Planning Studio.