Get this party started.
- Ready to take a Corporate Event Planning course? Explore upcoming courses below.
- To request a syllabus, or to learn more about our hospitality offerings, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check the return to campus website, One VCU: Responsible Together, for the latest news and updates.
Course fee: $999
Where: Online, self-paced (students have six months to complete to coursework)
February 18-April 29, 2021
Thursdays, 6-9:30 p.m.
Course Fee: $999
Where: Live-Online, Using Zoom (this is a change)
Enroll now for February 18>
Get started in the exciting planning industry.
Start your career as a corporate event planner with the noncredit Corporate Event Planning (CEP) Course, S-M-A-R-T!
Do your job responsibilities include event planning? If so, then this course currently offered online in both self-paced and live-online formats, is for you. Corporate events span all industries and are planned for a variety of occasions, milestones, and celebrations. Corporate event planners are often responsible for the successful implementation, execution, and management of these events and more.
The S-M-A-R-T course covers:
- Special Events: galas, fundraisers, public relations, product promotions
- Meetings: professional, corporate, business networking
- Assemblies: conferences, conventions
- Recognition: incentives, awards, achievements
- Training: seminars, workshops, education
This course provides detailed guidelines of how to:
- Design specifications (including floor plans, timelines, and seating charts);
- Execute (program content, catering, budget, media, crowd control, safety checklist, and evaluations)
a variety of events. In addition, you will walk away knowing how to execute events successfully and charge for services.
Students will complete 21 task assignments. eTextbook assignments, quizzes, and a final exam will be completed. Assignments - lesson-specific activities and tasks - are dispersed within each chapter of the text as well as in the assessment section at the end of the online textbook. While not required, a hard copy of the textbook is available for an additional cost of $99, and will be mailed directly to the address you provide at the time of ordering.
For students participating in live-online instruction, class time will be used when possible to work on assignment and task completion. Students in these classes should also expect to spend up to 4-6 hours outside of class reading and preparing for this certificate. Attendance, assignments- tasks, quizzes, and the final exam- are assessed to determine successful certificate completion.
VCU OCPE is a university partner with Lovegevity's Wedding Planning Institute (LWPI), which was founded with the purpose of providing aspiring wedding and event planners with the best possible education.
Some VCU OCPE offerings are ineligible for waiver use due to partnership agreements. The following text will appear on the registration page: “*exempt—this offering is ineligible for waiver use.”