Get this party started.
- Ready to take a Corporate Event Planning course? Explore upcoming courses below.
- To request a syllabus, or to learn more about our hospitality offerings, please contact our program manager and school liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org
Course fee: $1,149
Where: Online, self-paced (students have six months to complete the coursework)
Get started in the exciting planning industry.
Start your career as a corporate event planner with the noncredit Corporate Event Planning (CEP) Course, S-M-A-R-T!
Do your job responsibilities include event planning? If so, then this course, offered in a self-paced online format, is for you. Corporate events span all industries and are planned for a variety of occasions, milestones, and celebrations. Corporate event planners are often responsible for the successful implementation, execution, and management of these events and more.
The S-M-A-R-T course covers:
- Special Events: galas, fundraisers, public relations, product promotions
- Meetings: professional, corporate, business networking
- Assemblies: conferences, conventions
- Recognition: incentives, awards, achievements
- Training: seminars, workshops, education
This course provides detailed guidelines of how to:
- Design specifications (including floor plans, timelines, and seating charts);
- Execute (program content, catering, budget, media, crowd control, safety checklist, and evaluations)
a variety of events. In addition, you will walk away knowing how to execute events successfully and charge for services.
Students will complete 21 task assignments. eTextbook assignments, quizzes, and a final exam will be completed. Assignments - lesson-specific activities and tasks - are dispersed within each chapter of the online textbook, as well as in the assessment section at the end of the online textbook.
Attendance, assignments- tasks, quizzes, and the final exam - are assessed to determine successful certificate completion.
VCU Continuing and Professional Education is a university partner with Lovegevity's Wedding Planning Institute (LWPI), which was founded with the purpose of providing aspiring wedding and event planners with the best possible education.
Some VCU Continuing and Professional Education offerings are ineligible for waiver use due to partnership agreements. The following text will appear on the registration page: “*exempt—this offering is ineligible for waiver use.”