- Certified Wedding and Event Planning
- Corporate Event Planning (S.M.A.R.T.)
- Signature Wedding and Event Design
- Ready to take an event planning or design course?
Explore our course directory.
"Enrolling in the Wedding and Event Planning program is a rewarding experience, especially for budding or aspiring entrepreneurs!"
DeShandria Pitt, Student
Do you enjoy event design or planning parties?
Take an accelerated approach to learning with opportunities to apply hands-on training with on-the-job experience to jump-start your career! Choose from a noncredit course on-campus, or online.
- The Certified Wedding and Event Planning course is an intensive program designed to educate students on the business best practices, methods, and techniques to get started in the planning industry right away. Register now for the CWEP online course, or check for our next CWEP classroom date.
- The S.M.A.R.T. Corporate Event Planning (CEP) course provides a detailed guideline on how to design a corporate event, plan the event, set budgets, execute successfully, review performances, and charge for services. Register now for the CEP online course, or check for our next CEP classroom date.
- The Signature Wedding and Event Design course will teach you how to create events that will provide experiences that will be remembered for a lifetime. Upon graduation, you will receive your certificate and designation as a Certified Event Designer. Check for our next classroom date.
VCU OCPE is a university partner with Lovegevity's Wedding Planning Institute (LWPI), which was founded with the purpose of providing aspiring wedding and event planners with the best possible education.