Take the next step
The ACT Blitz is an intensive test prep program that provides students with the tools they need to prepare for and ace the ACT. The ACT Blitz is offered during the academic year to prepare students to reach the test date of their choice at peak performance. These courses meet once or twice per week, allowing time to practice new skills during the week. Our multi-week format of the ACT Prep Course leads to greater opportunities for learning and interaction with our expert instructors. Courses are conveniently scheduled in the weeks leading up to the most popular ACT dates and include 16 hours of instruction.
The ACT Blitz includes:
- 16 hours of expert instruction
- Course textbook: The Real ACT Prep Guide
- Real ACT practice questions and tests
- Course workbook
- Easy-to-follow study plan
The ACT Blitz covers:
- Practice solution techniques for problems containing variables.
- Learn efficient approaches to complicated multi-step problems.
- Discover tactics for translating difficult word problems into equations.
- Identify correct idiomatic speech in sentence correction problems.
- Understand the basic concepts of rhetorical construction.
- Learn which grammar errors are most frequently tested.
- Understand which part of the passage to read for reading comprehension questions.
- Recognize the difference between global and local test items.
- Identify passages written from the journalistic and engaged perspectives.
Science Reasoning Topics
- Identify parameters for test items involving graphs and charts.
- Interpolate or extrapolate answers from data given in tables.
- Recognize the point of an experiment in research summary items.
General Test Taking Topics
- Use the process of elimination.
- Master time management skills.
- Minimize test anxiety.
- Identify common distractors.
Choose the Format That Works for You!
ACT test prep classes are offered on campus in Richmond, Virginia during the summer and online during the academic year, giving you the option to choose the format and schedule that works best for you. Our classroom programs give you the familiar experience of working within a traditional classroom setting. Live-online classes offer the same great program as the traditional ACT prep class with the added flexibility of attending class from anywhere or at any time. Our virtual classroom provides you with the opportunity to interact in real-time with our expert instructors with the added benefit of watching recordings of your class sessions at your convenience for up to 30 days after the course ends.
The Live-Online ACT Blitz is offered online using Adobe Connect, a free browser plug-in. All you need are a high-speed internet connection, speakers or head phones, and Adobe Flash Player, which can also be downloaded for free.
Course materials will be delivered directly to your home, or arrangements can be made for you to pick them up at the VCU Office of Continuing and Professional Education. We recommend registering at least four (4) business days in advance of the class start date to ensure timely delivery of your student package.
Who should take this course?
The ACT Blitz is ideal for students who need an intensive preparation program during the academic year. These courses meet once or twice per week, allowing students to also focus on their school work.
Students generally take the ACT during their junior year of high school. This course is ideal for rising juniors who may be taking the test for the first time and for those high school students who have already taken the exam but wish to improve their scores.
About our program:
The VCU Test Prep program is a partner with Educational Testing Consultants, a leader in higher education test preparation. Each year, Educational Testing Consultants helps thousands of students prepare for the important pre-college standardized tests at major colleges and universities across the United States. Educational Testing Consultants provides a proven program with a record of success and highly trained, top-quality instructors.