Take the next step
- Ready to take a Test Prep class?
Explore our LSAT® courses.
- Interested in a FREE strategy workshop? Join us for an on-campus intro session on Tuesday, April 17, 2018 from 6-7:30 p.m. in the Academic Learning Commons, Room 1105, or live-online on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 from 7-8 p.m.
- 2-part payment plan
- Subscribe for email updates.
May 1-June 7, 2018
Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6-9 p.m.
Registration Fee: $799
Where: VCU Campus
May 2-June 6, 2018
Mondays and Wednesdays. 9 p.m.-12 a.m.
Registration Fee: $799
Gain admission into the law school of your choice with LSAT® Test Preparation from Virginia Commonwealth University’s only official LSAT® Prep Course. Master the skills needed to succeed on the LSAT® and take the test with the confidence of knowing that you prepared with Central Virginia’s LSAT® experts.
Our intensive LSAT® prep program includes 30 hours of classroom instruction from experienced exam preparation professionals. The easy to follow program uses proven techniques to simplify the LSAT®. VCU’s LSAT course uses questions from actual LSAT® exams, so that you know your preparation is as close to the real thing as possible. LSAT® textbooks, updated study guides, diagnostic exams, and expert instruction are all included.
Check for dates!
Reasons to prepare for the LSAT® with VCU Test Prep:
Expert Instructors: Our instructors are highly trained professionals. Our professional instructors know the LSAT® and the law school application experience.
Proven Strategies: Our program was developed by LSAT® experts, who have years of experience writing LSAT® exam questions and preparing students for success on the exam.
Superior Materials: The LSAT® Prep Course includes 20 practice tests. You will receive 10 Actual, Official LSAT® PrepTests Volume V and 10 New Actual LSAT® PrepTests with Comparative Reading. Students also receive the our updated LSAT® Course Workbook.
Flexible Schedule Options: Strategically scheduled courses ensure that you will perform at your peak on exam day. Choose from a variety of classroom and online schedule options throughout the year to prepare for the LSAT® exam date of your choice.
The VCU Difference: Our LSAT® Prep program delivers the high quality you expect from Virginia Commonwealth University. At VCU, we take your education personally, and it shows!
Choose the format that works for you!
LSAT® Test Prep classes are offered on campus in Richmond, Virginia and online, giving you the option to choose the format and schedule that works best for you. Our classroom programs give you the familiar experience of working within a traditional classroom setting. Live-online classes offer the same great program as the traditional LSAT® prep class with the added flexibility of attending class from anywhere or at any time. Our virtual classroom provides you with the opportunity to interact in real-time with our expert instructors with the added benefit of watching recordings of your class sessions at your convenience for up to 30 days after the course ends.
The Live-Online LSAT® Prep Course is offered online using Adobe Connect, a free browser plug-in. All you need are a high-speed internet connection, speakers or head phones, and Adobe Flash Player, which can also be downloaded for free.
Course materials will be delivered directly to your home, or arrangements can be made for you to pick them up at the VCU Office of Continuing and Professional Education. We recommend registering at least four (4) business days in advance of the class start date to ensure timely delivery of your student package.
Who should take VCU's LSAT® Test Prep class?
All American Bar Association (ABA) Certified Law Schools require a valid LSAT® score as part of the admissions process. This course is ideal for current undergraduates, recent graduates, and anyone looking to apply to law school. The LSAT® is a paper-based test that is administered four times annually. We recommend that students take the LSAT® Test Prep class as close to their chosen exam date as possible.
LSAT® course content
Logical Reasoning Topics Include:
- Easy-to-apply strategies for solving each type of Logical Reasoning question appearing on the test
- Logical concepts, including inferences involving conditional statements and the key tool of counterexamples
- An overview of the most common fallacies found in Logical Reasoning Flaw questions
Analytical Reasoning Topics Include:
- A taxonomy of Analytical Reasoning game types and tips for setting up each type of game found on the LSAT®
- Tips for quickly representing the game’s rules in shorthand, and for combining these rules into powerful “super rules”
- Tips for using answers to previous questions to quickly eliminate incorrect answer choices on subsequent questions
Reading Comprehension Topics Include:
- A full description of Reading Comprehension passage types
- A step-by-step approach to questions that concern the passage as a whole
- Identifying key words in the question that indicate how to use the passage to find the correct answer
- Recognizing the correct answer after narrowing the choices down to two
General Topics Include:
- Utilizing the process of elimination
- Mastering time management skills
- Minimizing test anxiety
- Identifying common distracters
LSAT® course plan
|Session 1:||LSAT® Introduction; AR Introduction; AR Ordering Games|
|Session 2:||AR Ordering Games; LR Introduction; LR Conclusion Questions; LR Role Questions|
|Session 3:||AR Question Answering Strategies; LR Argument Evaluation; LR Weakener Questions; RC Introduction|
|Session 4:||AR Grouping Games; LR Strengthener Questions; RC Global Questions|
|Session 5:||AR Conditional Grouping Games; LR Assumption Questions; RC Local Questions|
|Session 6:||Mid-Course Review; LR Conditional Statements; LR Inference Questions|
|Session 7:||AR Games with Overlapping Categories; LR Strategy Questions; LR Flaw Questions and Fallacies|
|Session 8:||LR Matching Structure and Matching Flaw Questions; RC Paired Passages|
|Session 9:||AR Combination Games; LR Principle Questions|
|Session 10:||AR Combination Games; LR Point at Issue Questions; LR Explain/Resolve Questions|
About our program:
The VCU Test Prep program is a partner with Educational Testing Consultants, a leader in higher education test preparation. Each year, Educational Testing Consultants helps thousands of students at major colleges and universities across the United States. Educational Testing Consultants provides a proven program with a record of success and highly trained, top-quality instructors. Learn more about Educational Testing Consultants at www.etctestprep.com.