My responsibilities include planning and developing overall marketing and communication materials and campaigns for internal and external audiences. In addition to enhancing the mission, image and awareness of VCU Continuing and Professional Education, I oversee the planning and implementation of projects that support the continuing and professional education marketing function, and provide market research and promotional services to on-campus and community partners.
Before joining VCU, I spent seven years as a marketing educator with Hanover County Public Schools, where I integrated classroom instruction with supervised on-the-job training and DECA, the student organization which prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management. I was also the on-site Blackboard administrator. Prior to teaching, I spent 10 years with Goodwill Industries as the director of marketing and communications, serving Central Virginia and Hampton Roads, where I strengthened the brand and public support for Goodwill and its mission of helping people with obstacles to employment to reach their full potential through education, skills training and job placement services.
- University Professional and Continuing Education Association (UPCEA)
- Virginia DECA
- National Retail Federation Foundation (NRF Foundation)
- Working in Support of Education (WISE)
- Volunteer, Boy Scouts of America
- B.F.A., VCU, 1995
- M.B.A. in Marketing, VCU, 1998
- Teacher Licensure Program, ODU, 2008
- Postgraduate Professional License in Virginia, dual-endorsed in Marketing Education and Business and Information Technology
- University Relations, marketing contact
- VCU Athletics, sponsorship contact
- VCU Office of Alumni Relations
- VCU Web Services, website contact
Favorite course of all time
It is hard to pick just one! Among my favorite courses at VCU were a guided study in marketing working with students in a consumer behavior research class; an advertising research class at the VCU Adcenter; and a VCUarts Interior Design class where we took a trip to Fallingwater, the historic landmark designed by architect Frank Lloyd Wright.