My professional experiences have required innovative and entrepreneurial thinking while working collaboratively, both with founders of start-ups and the leadership of organizations with multiple business lines and teams. Having transitioned from the private sector into higher education in 2002, I’ve taught at both the undergraduate and graduate level, advised students, coordinated internships and held increasingly responsible administrative positions as director of the VCU School of Education Student Services Center and the Center for Professional Growth.
- Current member and Virginia state representative for the Association for Continuing Higher Education
- Member of the University Professional and Continuing Education Association
- Learning Resources Network
- Past member and secretary of the Center for Professional Growth advisory board
- Past president and member of the VCU School of Education Alumni Council
- Past member of the VCU Alumni Association board of directors
- B.A., Virginia Military Institute, 1986
- M.B.A., Pepperdine University, 1990
- M.S., VCU, 2002
- Ph.D., VCU, 2012
Favorite course of all time
My favorite course of all time would have to be my fourth grade social studies class taught by Ms. Bettie Woodson Weaver at J.B. Watkins Elementary School. Ms. Weaver instilled a love of history in her students, and I often reflect on her positive impact on my life. I also learned to love persimmons from Ms. Weaver!