Take the next step
Need a hand? Contact us today to get started.
We want to bring your ideas to fruition.
The Virginia Commonwealth University Office of Continuing and Professional Education understands that individuals, units and schools across the university have difficulty implementing their big ideas due to limited infrastructure and bandwidth. That’s where we come in.VCU OCPE has the experience and resources to build and support your professional development and continuing education initiatives, whatever they may be.
We can operate as a think tank to develop programming that best suits your strengths and expertise, or we can quietly provide behind-the-scenes support to make your events as seamless and worry-free as possible.
Past internal partners include the VCU schools of Dentistry, Education, Nursing, Social Work, Medicine, the Arts, Business and World Studies, and the Global Education Office, College of Humanities and Sciences, College of Engineering, and VCU Life Sciences.
Our logistical support and event management services include:
- CEU coordination: We take the lead on coordinating and approving events that award Continuing Education Units to participants.
- Digital badging: We provide web-enabled, verifiable digital badges for achievements, as a way to articulate and share knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Site selection and contract negotiation: We find the right facility that provides the appropriate atmosphere and meets your requirements. Negotiation for lodging, food and beverage and audiovisual equipment will be done to provide the best value for you.
- Budget development and financial management: We develop and manage a budget to ensure the financial security of your program. In addition to collecting revenue and providing payments to instructors, vendors, etc., we can also provide detailed reports on revenue and expenses for you to review.
- Registration services: We register all participants, collect registration fees, manage participant lists, communicate with participants and process refunds as necessary. Registrations can be collected either through our online registration system, or via mail, email or fax.
- Facility arrangements: This service includes set up of the room, food and beverages, and audio-visual equipment.
- On-site support: A VCU OCPE employee will be on-site to provide registration and logistical support for a portion of the program.
- VIP and speaker coordination: We will coordinate travel arrangements, transportation, lodging and on-site needs for special guests or speakers.
- Exhibitor assistance: This service includes exhibitor confirmations, booth assignments, hall layout and working with the exhibit and decorating provider.
- Off-site activities: This could include coordinating participant excursions or trips, companion activities or off-site meals.
- Evaluation: We will conduct participant and client surveys to determine effectiveness and collect participant comments and ideas.